When it comes to choosing your wedding decorations
When it comes to choosing your wedding decorations as is mentioned above, you must decide on your theme. Once you have done this, you can then make your decisions about the budget that you will have.
Here are the top 10 tips that you should know in order to lower the cost of your wedding decorations.
- Decide on the essential items that you must have first and then worry about the extras.
- Hand make the centerpieces yourself using items priced toward your budget.
- Using artificial flowers is cheaper than fresh flowers unless you pick them yourself from a field.
- Skip the extra wedding favors and focus more attention on decoration detail.
- Never go over your budget because you set it up for a reason
- For smaller items like candles, candle holders, small laces etc. visit your nearby dollar store.
- Never underestimate the elegance of basic décor. Sometimes minimal is best.
- Some very versatile items that can make a beautiful decorations include: clay pots, plastic bowls/vases, faux flowers, pearls, balloons, pillar candles, rhinestones, and empty wine bottles.
- Tissue paper roses and flowers give off a beautiful look to any decorating style and they are quick and easy to make.
- A word to wise is that your decorations should not even amount to half of the money that is spent on the reception.
When it comes to decorating your reception tables, the centerpieces for each table play a major role in setting the tone and style of your wedding. They will be one of the major focal point for your guests while they are eating their meal, and spectacular or unique centerpieces can add an element of sophistication or surprise to your event.
The most established kind of centerpiece is flowers and it is the most expected. There are literally hundreds of floral centerpiece designs, from tall lilies to tightly packed roses.
You should really shop around and check out different wedding supply shops and online specialists to see the different possibilities, and look at the varying prices. You must also remember that you will need a centerpiece for every table, so it could get expensive if you are planning to invite a large guest list.
For a cheaper option, buy the flowers yourself from a wholesaler, and produce simple displays such as six tulips in a glass vase. You could also use the bridesmaids’ bouquets as centerpieces to really get the best value out of them.
Believe it or not, this happens all the time. Instead of fresh cut flowers, consider using potted plants as centerpieces. You can decorate terracotta pots and pick plants that flower in co-coordinating colors to your scheme.
These centerpieces will last long after the day has finished, and provide a lovely gift for those you would like to give them to.
Popular alternatives to floral centerpieces
Popular alternatives to floral centerpieces include candles and fruit. Candles are a wonderful way of creating an air of romance and enchantment for your wedding, and look particularly effective if your venue is dimly lit.
However, if you plan to hold your reception in the afternoon, with plenty of natural daylight, candles may not produce the appropriate dramatic effect.
You could purchase candelabras for each table for an elegant look, or consider the less formal appearance of floating candles in a large glass bowl.
You must ensure that any holders or bowls you use are heat-resistant, and also check with your venue for any restrictions they may have on the use of naked flames.
Fruit is a nice and decorative choice
Fruit is a nice and decorative choice, and can also be eaten later in the evening! Other edible choices include candy, chocolate lollipops or Hershey’s Kisses. Use your imagination to display whatever treats you choose in an exciting way, using glitter, streamers or balloons.
You can be as original as you like when it comes to your centerpieces, and you could choose something really personal such as hand-written poems or family photographs in ornate picture frames.
If you are having a themed wedding, create a unique centerpiece that reflects the wedding motif. A wonderful centerpiece for an oriental themed wedding is a bonsai tree, or large origami creations. Anything that matches your theme is best.
Read more stories: